Your cartThere are no more items in your cart
RETRO STYLE. REVOLUTIONARY COMFORT.
The Nike Air VaporMax Plus looks to the past to propel you into the future. This revamp nods to the super-techy Air Max Plus of 1998 with its floating cage, cushioned upper and heel logo. Revolutionary VaporMax Air technology brings it into today.
- VaporMax Air technology provides ultra lightweight cushioning.
- Floating cage around the foot mimics the original 1998 design.
- Cushioned fabric and synthetic material provide durability.
- Rubber pods in high-wear areas enhance durability.
VaporMax: Behind the Design
- The Air VaporMax represents a new era in Nike innovation. Designers started by restructuring the Air unit so they could attach it directly to the upper. “That was the biggest challenge,” says Tom Minami, Senior Footwear Designer – but it was worth it. “Without any midsole or sockliner, you get to feel the Air in a whole new way.” In previous Air Max models, the goal was to fill the sole with as much Air as possible, but with the VaporMax, the focus is on using the Air efficiently. “As you step down, each lug gets pushed into the Air unit, ramping up the pressure,” Elder explains. “As you step off, the pressure releases, creating that springy bounce.” After the seven-year journey from ideation to release, Elder and Minami are excited for what’s to come. “I’m super proud of the product,” Elder says. “This new approach is going to be a huge turning point for Air – and for Nike.”
- Air VaporMax Plus